As part of the company meeting, dozens of different customized fortune cookies were handed out, with both hilarious and productive results. One example (that yielded a Paul Haury coffee delivery):
The tournament winners for Fulcrum's weekly ping pong championship are as follows:
Carl (11) (Using tiny paddle in the finals)
Shauna Balderson, the Fulcrum CFO, took in some expansive views of Mount Rainier, thanks to a hike up to Glacier Basin. Shauna got up-close views of Emmons Glacier, lakes, and other features of the Glacier Basin Loop's diverse landscape.
Along the way, a half-mile side trail heads up Emmons Moraine and offers incredible views of Emmons Glacier, the largest sheet of ice on Rainier, and a milky blue-green glacial lake below. Another mile up, pass the junction with the Burroughs Mountain Trail and continue to the Glacier Basin wilderness camp in a forested glen.
Just beyond the camp, Glacier Basin opens up in all its glory, with wide meadows, a large shimmering tarn, and views up The Mountain of The Wedge and Mount Ruth.
Krishna, one of the top testers in the Fulcrum Seattle office, welcomed his new baby Krishnina today in normal Fulcrum style; with pizza and beer. A new Fulcrum tradition was the 196oz glass of beer (center), which he was able to (eventually) finish.
Woodinville Wineries number in the hundreds now – a crowded field with some amazing wines. Fulcrum surveyed over 200 partners, customers, friends, experts, and employees in to rank the top ten wineries in Woodinville. Here is the list of the best of the best for 2017. And… you’re welcome:
1) Baer - Lance’s legacy remains in the form of Baer Winery, thanks to the love and dedication of his sister, Lisa, and their father, Les. Today, it’s a 3,000-case winery that crafts some of the most beloved red blends in the state. Top favorite of many voters pushed this one to the top of some fantastic competition. Also a top pick of local Woodinville wine aficionado Dave Caple.
2) Long Shadows - Long Shadows Vintners is a collection of seven ultra-premium Columbia Valley wines showcasing the viticultural excellence of the growing region and honoring the internationally acclaimed winemakers who inspired them. Close tie with Baer, and ranked VERY high thanks to one thing and one thing only; upper level quality.
3) Mathews - Their wines tip their hat to old world traditions, while embracing the energy and innovation of this ascendant wine region. Since 1992, Matthews has crafted red blends from Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec and Petit Verdot, and white wines exclusively from Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon. They work with many of the most iconic vineyards in Washington, honing their growing and blending processes to deliver wines of depth, complexity and verve.
4) Pepper Bridge - They built the first state-of-the-art, gravity-flow facility in Washington state, complete with subterranean caves. In a gravity-flow winery such as this, the grape pulp and juice are moved from the sorting table to the tanks to the barrels via gravity, rather than by pumps. This gentle treatment of the grapes prevents the shearing of seeds and the introduction of bitter tannins. Fantastic.
5) Celeano – Hidden around the corner from Chateau Ste. Michelle is Celeano, where every single wine they serve is fantastic. The wine-maker Brian frequently hands out signed bottles and private tours.
6) Page - Uncompromising quality, handcrafted premium red wines from the finest fruit and the very best vineyards on Red Mountain and the Columbia Valley defines the essence of Page Cellars. In addition to great wine, they feature THE FUNNIEST WINETENDER in Woodinville – a drunk version of Jack Black dropping F-bombs on laughing (and startled) customers. Its a must-stop for those with thick skin – just for the banter alone.
7) Col Solare – Want some pedigree? Col Solare is the partnership between two influential wine producers who are recognized leaders in their respective regions: Tuscany's Marchesi Antinori and Washington State's Chateau Ste. Michelle. People who know what they are doing, making extraordinary wine that you will remember for years.
8) Mark Ryan - Mark Ryan Winery has earned acclaim from wine-lovers and critics alike, and garnered respect from the state's elite producers. Their goal is simple; make delicious wines that represent the vineyard from which they come, making every vintage better than the last.
9) Sky River - With hints of berries, pears, apples and grassy fields, Mead is the ancient drink of kings and poets – ascribed with bringing poetry, virility and wit. The gods, from Mount Olympus to Valhalla, were believed to drink mead – garnering from it strength, poetry and passion. Sky River Meads, lighter and dryer than their ancient counterparts, balance beautifully with the foods of today, from around the world - curries and chutneys, salsa's and ginger. This is an absolutely perfect last stop on the tours, with unbelievably good wine flowing that is more creative than you can imagine.
10) 3 of Cups – A small newcomer making waves with wine tasters is 3 of Cups in the warehouse district. Their fruit comes from premium vineyards throughout Washington State including such places as Red Mountain and Walla Walla Valley. They strive to produce wines that express the very best of the regions we source from and pair well with food. When in 3 of Cups, take a moment to do two things: Enjoy the cool 3D artwork, and (if you are feeling brave) step next door to the Pacific Absinthe tasting.
Click to interact with the map:
Saturday, May 7, Fulcrum Technologies was present at the Haiti Babi "Raising Hope" charity event in Seattle to present a (giant) check, enjoy the festivities and participate in the auction in a variety of ways. O Wines, Gamache Vintners, Proletariat, Pearl & Stone Wine Co., Stoup Brewing, and Dry Sparkling were all pouring amazing wines and beverages, while Manu's Bodega and Theo Chocolates provided some tasty foods.
Lisa demonstrates the dare that all new hires have to do at Fulcrum - touching the middle ball of the fountain at the Seattle Center, 53% of those who attempt it get soaked beyond all comprehension by a water cannon, but its well worth it, Fulcrum rocks! (No Lisa's were harmed in the production of this dare...) #FUNWITHAPURPOSE