Remembering the Alamo!

Fulcrum Technologies, makers of the CATS Asset Lifecycle Management (ALM) software, was excited to participate at the ISE Expo ’16 in San Antonio on September 21st.  Fulcrum CEO Brent Bauer co-presented ALM and Supply Chain best practices with Yvonne Sabatini, Director Sourcing & Logistics for XO Communications to attendees at the ISE Expo.  They took a break in-between presenting and Expo Hall meetings to visit the historic Alamo in San Antonio Texas.

The Alamo Mission in San Antonio, commonly named the Alamo and originally known as Misión San Antonio de Valero, is part of the San Antonio Missions World Heritage Site in San Antonio, Texas, United States. Founded in the 18th century as a Roman Catholic mission, it was the site of the famous Battle of the Alamo in 1836. The Alamo is now a often-visited museum in the Alamo Plaza Historic District.

The compound was one of the early Spanish missions in Texas, built for the education of area Native Americans after their conversion to Christianity. In 1793, the mission was secularized and then abandoned. Ten years later, it became a fortress housing a military unit, the Second Flying Company of San Carlos de Parras, who likely gave the mission the name Alamo. During the Texas Revolution, Mexican General Martin Perfecto de Cos surrendered the fort to the Texan Army in December 1835, following the Siege of Béxar. A relatively tiny number of Texan soldiers then occupied the compound for many months. They were badly wiped out at the Battle of the Alamo on March 6, 1836. When the Mexican army retreated from Texas several months later, they tore down many of the Alamo walls and burned some of the buildings.

Brent Bauer and Yvonne Sabatini pose for a picture outside the historic Alamo in San Antonio Texas, where they were presenting at the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center.

Brent Bauer and Yvonne Sabatini pose for a picture outside the historic Alamo in San Antonio Texas, where they were presenting at the Henry Gonzalez Convention Center.