To survive and thrive in a changing environment, successful companies recognize the need to reap maximum benefit from their capital investments and optimize their supply chain and business operations from end to end. These organizations use industry best practices, world class tools, and effective data management to optimize their Capital Expenditure (CapEx) spend. Fulcrum Technologies has partnered with over 40 such Communication Service Providers (CSP’s) and, through Fulcrum Consulting Services (FCS), is positioned to engage with clients who are interested in enhancing their CapEx Optimization plans. FCS offers 2 pre-packaged offerings, as defined below. As well, FCS can tailor a consulting engagement to suit the needs of our clients. FCS can engage directly with CSP’s and/or can partner with other Logistics partners (such as MDSi, Worldwide Supply and others), technology partners, or System Integrators. Finance Managers, Supply-Chain Executives, Network Operations, and Engineering Managers can all benefit from the consulting services from FCS. The consulting team can assess your business operations and provide solid practices to optimize your Asset Lifecycle Management and other Supply Chain Management functions from Acquisition to Retirement. This includes warehousing, inventory, warrantee and spares management, and gives a precise snapshot of what is actually active (as well as what geography inventory resides in) to allow for accurate property tax payments. It also provides best practices for compliance with governing and internal process controls, which greatly reduces organizational and regulatory risks. All that adds up to what every Communication Service Provider wants; full visibility, insight, and control of their Capital Expenditures from end-to-end.
ALM Readiness review:
• 2 days of on site meetings and Stakeholder interviews, including detailed questionnaire.
• Study key ALM areas (receiving, field operations, warehouse, current technology, existing systems to interface with, etc.)
• Deliver report of findings and recommendations
End-To-End Business Operations Review
• 2 trips on site - one at the beginning of the engagement (one week) to do data gathering, and one at the conclusion (2 days) to present findings, recommendations, ROI Analysis.
• Areas of study: Inventory Turns, Equipment out for Repair/Return, Taxation, Time from receipt of Asset to when it is actually installed, Sparing levels and philosophy, Reuse, Decommissioning Management, Audit Process and Capabilities.
• Produce a PMO (Present Mode of Operations) and FMO (Future Mode of Operations) report.
• Produce a report comparing PMO with Industry Best Practice and Metrics.
• Use above information to produce a detailed ROI Analysis.
• 4 - 6 weeks in total duration.
To learn more about Fulcrum's consulting services, please visit ALM.Consulting.